My Friend Agata from HerandMakeup nominated a couple of us a few days ago for a Liebster award!! Agata loves nail polishes and makeup and all things purple 😉 If you don’t already know her, head on over to her blog and make new friends:)
So…re: this award – YAAAY:) ! I wish I had my Oscar ..err Liebster award speech prepared haha! Jokes aside though, I think the Liebster award tag is a GREAT way to find out about new/ up and coming bloggers and lets face it ..it’s always nice to win an award of any kind lol. So with that said, thank you dear Agata:) These are the rules to the award :
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. Answer questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Now…I must be doing something wrong, because I don’t know many bloggers with less than 200 followers who haven’t already been nominated by other bloggers so I will be linking to the ones that I know of and I am thrilled to have discovered more new blogs and lovely bloggers via Agata and Jenn’s tags!
Here are my answers to Agata’s questions:
1. What’s your all time favorite makeup/beauty product that you couldn’t live without?
That would have to be my under eye corrector! I have many favourites but if I had to pick just one then I’d go with either Benefit’s erase paste or the ItCosmetics Concealer ( this is a corrector on me!)
2. If you could wear only one color for the rest of your life (makeup, clothes etc) what would it be and why?
Ok your questions are tough Agata:) You know what…I’d have to go with “peachy pink”!! It’s a colour that goes well with my skintone in clothes, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick and I could ALSO use it as an under eye corrector if I really really had to :))
3. What or who inspires you to blog?
ALL MY STUFF!! lol. I look at it everyday and I almost feel like it’s a crime to just own so much makeup and not write about it!! I just feel passionate about it and love writing about it! I also feel the same way about fitness and health related activities and hence like to blog about that too – I like to share my experiences in that space in the hope that it might help even one person push forward with their own goals.
4. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
Boring:( Didn’t really celebrate. I’m not much of a “celebrator” unfortunately lol. My husband and I go out all the time anyway on the weekends so I didn’t really feel the need to do anything extra special on my bday!
5. Do you like your friends simple or complex?
Simple please. Less drama, more happy living:)
6. Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
Is being messy a unique or quirky habit? :S SO guilty of that if it is lol. Drives my husband nuts! No quirky habits really, but I have OCD about somethings…like I cannot stand even the SLIGHTEST bit of frizz in my hair…i WILL try to make it go away!!..same goes for under eye circles!
7. What do you find the most challenging about blogging?
Finding the time to blog and finding a balance between this and my other interests.
8. If they made a movie about your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
OMG Agata…..you are mean, woman! These are really tough questions lol. It’ll probably be about a little girl who had big dreams, who worked hard to make them come true Some of them do some of them don’t but at the end she has an amazing family with amazing friends and is always happy! She’s like Pollyanna 😉 I like Ellen Page’s style of acting so Id probably pick her to play me:)
9. Do you blog full time or do you have another job? If so, what do you do?
I have a full time job that consumes a little more than all my time lol. I’m a software engineer for a firm on Wall Street.
10. When was the last time you turned your phone off? Not just on silent.
I always like having my camera handy so I don’t turn it off very often but it goes “offline” every night before bed, until I wake up the next morning.
11.What major company would you like to work for and why?
I’m actually quite happy working for my current company!! If I had to pick another place Id probably go with Google – I just love their level of innovation and work ethics.
Now I nominate the following bloggers:
(The Liebster award goes tooooooo…….)
- Mo from MoMakeUpMoBeauty
- Cheryl from SwissBeautyTalk
- Syl from The Painted Rogue
- Kate from KateLouiseBlogs – I see you’re at 200 followers Kate, but I’d be interested in seeing your answers:)
- Cynthia from CynthiaLions
- Macy from MacyGreyHorse
My questions for you ladies:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. If you could change something about the beauty blogging industry right now what would it be?
3. You have 5 seconds to choose between your favourite lipstick and your favourite eyeliner – which one do you pick?
4. What’s your MOST favourite lipstick of all time?
5. You’re given 500$ to spend. You have to choose between clothes, makeup, shoes , books and a geeky gadget. What would you spend it on ?:)
6. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
7. Do you have special skill/talent that we don’t know about ?
8. Would you rather be in : A pretty dress and heels / jeans and sneakers ?
9. Are you a brand snob ?;)
10. What was the last life-changing tip that you received from someone? ( makeup or non-makeup related)
11. Tell us about an app that you love !( can be a game, a photo-editing app..anything!)
Hope you have fun answering those ladies. I would love to hear everyone’s answers to at least some of these questions so if you’re a reader and can answer these questions please do – would love to get to know you better!